SRSLY LOL Goes Hollywood

Based on the New York gay comedy night hosted by H. Alan Scott and Bryan Wilson, SRSLY LOL Goes Hollywood brings Brooklyn's "curiously bi-weekly variety show" to Tinsel Town. Taking over M Bar are the offbeat conceits of Garry Hannon ("The penis is great. You touch it, it gets hard. You know it's working. But you touch a vagina, it gets wet. You're like, fuck! I broke it! It's leaking!"), Sharon "Mama" Spell ("So I'm a nanny. At my job I work with someone who happens to be a baby. He says he was born that way, but I don't know if I believe that."), Sue Funke ("This one brand of nail polish claims it's a 'manicure in a bottle.' That's not even real. Does that bottle make fun of me in Korean and then giggle?"), Leah Dubie ("I have never had a threesome. Not even in college! Though I did give a lot of helpful breast exams to my roommates."), Drew Droege, Shawn Pelofsky and your humble hosts. Official after-party at Mr. Black at Bardot. M Bar, 1253 Vine St., Hlywd.; Tues., July 26, 9 p.m.; $5. (323) 856-0036, srslylolshow.com. (Originally published in L.A. Weekly, July 22, 2011.)

posted by Derek Thomas @ 11:46 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home